Join Our Team
We are looking for a Graduate Occupational Therapist to join our team
- Full time position – work from home 1 day per fortnight
- 9 day fortnight
- Well-resourced clinic offering regular supervision, mentoring and Continued Professional Development from local and international leaders in their field.
- Full time position, located in Bangor – Sutherland Shire
- Above award salary package includes superannuation and leave loading.
Family Connections Sydney is a dynamic, innovative practice working predominantly with children providing assessment and therapy services individually and in small groups. We are offering an exciting opportunity for you to join our team in a Full Time Graduate role in 2023.
We focus on Sensory Integration and relationship based, neurodevelopmental approaches guided by evidence in relevant research studies and rapidly growing knowledge in the field of neuroscience. Our clinic is well resourced with equipment, assessment and professional development materials.
Our therapists are trained in a diverse range of programs. This enables each practitioner to find the clinical pathway they are most interested in and expands the services they can provide. Irena (our Clinical Director) encourages personal growth and career progression.
Why work with us?
· We provide flexibility giving you the opportunity to do some work from home.
· We offer access to a structured and tailored onboarding program depending on your experience where you will be nurtured and supported in your role.
· We provide weekly 1:1 mentoring sessions with our Director or Senior OT as well as group mentoring sessions.
· Your salary will be above award based on your experience. With our focus on Continuing Professional Development, we also provide an annual budget for external courses plus 3 days study leave for full time staff.
· You will be provided with a manageable caseload and administrative support.
· We are looking for a therapist who is playful, creative, loves problem solving, has a passion for working with children and collaborating with their families to achieve best outcomes.
· You want to join a small close-knit team who are culture driven, inspiring and enjoyable to work with.
· You will feel accomplished delivering evidence-based therapy to children and young people with a range of needs including fine and gross motor difficulties and a range of learning difficulties and disabilities.
· You demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development and value the opportunity to receive on the job training and mentoring from highly respected therapists.
· You like contributing to the overall development of the practice, maintaining our positive culture and values and have a commitment to continuous improvement.
· Bachelor or Masters degree in Occupational Therapy & current registration with AHPRA.
· Membership to Occupational Therapy Australia or willingness to obtain
· Current Professional & Public Liability Insurance;
· NDIS Worker Screening & NSW Working With Children Checks
· ‘Up to Date’ COVID 19 vaccination certificate;
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
· Driver’s Licence and access to own vehicle.
Family Connections Sydney is a Registered NDIS Provider for Therapeutic Supports, Early Intervention Supports for Early Childhood and Specialist Behaviour Support.
For a detailed Position Description or to chat about the role, please contact Leanne Pearce by email to [email protected]. Alternatively, submit your resume and introduce yourself with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position below.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks in line with NDIS Practice Standards and Government regulations and will need to satisfy all visa requirements for working in Australia.